Mojang decided to celebrate the anniversary that Minecraft has now been downloaded over 2 million times in the four days since its release, with Skin pack they made their debut anniversary.
Sounds pretty cool to us, free skins for gamers which you could only see on PC’s and Mac’s before, you can see console version is going step by step to full computer game. There is one thing they miss, and that is Mods. While moderators have work to do on computers for the players sometimes they also have a console audience but they aren’t able to approach it, not yet atleast. Maybe sometimes in future we see mods coming on to consoles too.
Avatar’s appearance is a important factor to many player in Minecraft, you are recognized by it and you get into your character more easily since you got a different look that other gamers.
Mojang, our lovely game developer famous for their cult game (it gained that status since it released) just announced that it got bigger in numbers, and by that we mean 10 million download.
Not only that sounds good, but we need to take in consideration that the game is being sold on mobile devices at $6.99 price. This is pretty successful for a game like this, well it was ported just from PC not being specially made for touch like other games are. Pocket edition of Minecraft is being constantly updated and more and more it’s being matched with computer version, we don’t even know does some option miss from this version. Mods are obvious thing but that is custom made from people that don’t actually work at Mojang.
Not so late ago PC version hit 10 million downloads, but yes mobile is a bit more accessible but we don’t know anyone there without a computer also.
Horses! Yes,horses will be added to Minecraft and we will probably enjoy it a lot. Cool thing about this addition to the game is that they credit a modder for this which makes us happy as seeing that mods have influence on games. Mo’ Creatures mod is what inspired the Mojang programers and designers. But that’s all that will happen concerning the animals cause you won’t see anymore animals being added in this latest Minecraft update. Where can you find horses? In the wild but when you hop on them they will try everything to knock you out back since that’s their nature. You have to earn it’s respect and after a while you will be the prince on a horse every girl in Minecraft dreams off.
Update by update in Minecraft
What about technical aspect of the game ? Well it will be changing from Java 5 to Java 6, which I personally have problems updating on my computer.
You may have heard about this game that come out recently, they say it’s not pretty bad for an FPS. Just kidding, it’s skyrocketing in reviews from critics and the fans from around the world, sales are also doing good, but the big shame is only 5% fell to PC market, while Xbox gained around 56% of sales, at least for now.
It’s only mater of time until someone made this into a Minecraft game, we are guessing without any mods but that’s ok, it’s maybe even more better cause of it since it is done with their hands only. Looks awesome doesn’t it ? This is just one of the cooler things people have built over time in this fantastic game by Mojang, but this one is one of my personal favorites. We hope Booker get’s along fine in this new blocky Bioshock world.
As we talked about this update before we are reminding you all gamers out there that still play (not like it’s not cool anymore, but it is) update 9 is coming to our platforms, depends which platform you are on. In the meanwhile you should check out this Dota 2 like Minecraft video we enjoyed and we just had to share it with you guys, just like we share our Mod Loader with you that is still up there for download.
Since now mobile is a big hit and a more and more game are transferring to these kind of devices, tablets and smartphone we wonder will Scrolls, the next Mojang game , come to iOS and Android or maybe even Windows Phone 8 which is something we shouldn’t ignore as Windows 8 too. With all those eights around us and Microsoft focusing on one big eco system we could probably see a new Xbox not with the name Xbox 720 but Xbox 8 which makes a lot more sense to press and players that love downloading games and programs.
You may noticed smooth lighting in Minecraft past months as an result of various updates, while the effect is all looking good and such some players reported that they have frame drop issue cause of that and in this 1.5.1 version of the game we hope this will be fixed, that damn Java just isn’t friendly with us.
But it’s not only PC that’s getting updates and new stuff, Mojang didn’t forget Xbox also, which just got a trailer for the end game or some call id Dragon ending and we also prefer that one. Make sure to watch the video below.
Not only frame drops are being fixed. Those horrible white lines you see sometimes between the blocks are now the thing of the past and we are forever grateful for programmers at Mojang for that, mods also can get in the trash cause of bugs like that. Speaking of mods TFC mod manager is still for download or as some may call it Mod Loader Minecraft.
Before we start about Minecraft going hard, and by that we mean you will be able to get a hard copy of your favorite PC/ console game we want you to see latest video which is pretty hyped on youtube and it shows off visualization of creating process of Minecraft.
Pretty cool huh ? Yea we think that too also it’s nice to see that Notch was able to let his baby being coded by someone else, wondering is the feeling similar when you let your MOD being downloaded in the public or even modified a bit more by someone you actually don’t know.
So when will you be able to buy a retail version of the game ? April 30 and it will be only for Xbox 360. What about the updates we keep you informed about a lot of the times ? Yes they will be there on the disc with the game and also the ninth update that is coming will also be there on your Xbox 360 console. We wonder why PC isn’t gonna get a retail version, but maybe that’s the best it was first digital why wouldn’t it stay like that.
With the reveal of Play Station 4 many questions were raised, what developers will be working on it, is the loved Mojang ready to make a Minecraft for Play Station 4 or even Rovio a popular creator of Angry Birds which has millions and millions of downloads across all platforms, even Google Chrome.
Exact number of european teams working on Play Station 4 content is 28, some of you may know couple of them, like CD project and Ubisoft. But with the whole reveal of new console which is next gen isn’t a reveal actually, since console hasn’t been showed yet, only the famous already now controller which has improved buttons and everything actually. Share button is something gamers will love, but the question is will you be able to share it on Youtube like many Minecraft gamers do and show off their builds with thousands of blocks and using a lot of time on all of it.
Maybe Minecraft won’t be coming to PS4 but the future games from Mojang are possible, since they are not denied yet.
With it’s new update, that is no longer in development the 4J Studios hopes to fix at least 40 problems people are experiencing. The download will be available real soon on Xbox Live like all the previous updates to this date.
This update however will be kind of disappointment for some of the players since the past 2 updates have been so much more, there was more content that was brought to the player. Yes we are kind on writing about Xbox as we are for PC but the Mod Loader or TFC mod manager is still here and supported the same way. The list is below, from fix number 1. to number 40.
Fix for random crash on Kick Player.
- Fix for a random crash on loading the tutorial.
- Fix for freeze when writing on a sign as an autosave starts.
- Fix for crash when attempting to enter an online enabled game session after losing connection to the Xbox LIVE service.
- Performance improvement for the Enchantment interface.
- Fix to display a message when monsters are nearby on trying to sleep in a bed.
- Fix for an issue causing blocks to reappear after being destroyed when the server is busy.
- Fix for Experience Orbs being invisible for a period of time when created.
- Fix to force a Nether Fortress, Blaze Spawner and Nether Wart to always be present in the Nether for a newly created world.
- Fix for autosave not working when the host has gone into an idle state.
- Fix to increase the spawn rate for Mooshrooms.
- Change to make Blazes drop Glowstone Dust as well as Blaze Rods.
- Fix to player experience level display in two player vertical splitscreen mode.
- Fix for Quick Move not being possible while holding something in the cursor.
- Fix for armor position on Bad Santa when sat down.
- Changed “Download Content” menu to “Minecraft Store”.
- New photo frames for avatar items in the Minecraft Store.
- Fix for Magma Cube hit boxes.
- Added an Awkward Potion to the Potions page in the Creative Menu.
- Fix to show the aura of enchanted items for other players in an online game.
- Fix for tools enchanted with Unbreaking occasionally repairing themselves.
- Changes to improve breeding – Love Mode status is now network synchronised, and animals react more correctly if spawn limits are reached when breeding.
- Fix for issue with “Take Half” in the Brewing Stand interface.
- Fix to allow the map to be displayed when the player has turned off Display Hand.
- Fix for potion effects being removed after using the Nether Portal.
- Fix to stop the item in hand being changed when traveling to/from the Nether.
- Fix for Compass not pointing to the original spawn point after having been in The Nether.
- Fix to allow players to be able to eat food even if they are not allowed to build and mine.
- Fix to allow client players to toggle Custom Skin Animation.
- Fix for player gamertag border color being wrong after a respawn/dimension change.
- Fix for issue in splitscreen where it was possible to craft items without a player having the resources required.
- Fix to remove the Love Mode tooltip when animals are unable to enter Love Mode.
- Change to moderator option description in the Host and Player Options.
- Fix for the submerged edge of the world emitting a faint light.
- Fix for lighting issue with mobs in water.
- Fix to stop food being removed when feeding animals in Creative Mode.
- Fix to stop Bones being removed when taming wolves in Creative Mode.
- Change to make baby wolves tame when born.
- Fix for Blaze Rods not being identified as fuel for a furnace.
- Fix for issue with sky lighting values making bedrock layer fully lit.
Always good to see new and more place to improve even if it’s just a game, or mod manager.
As the time goes one, so do PC units that are being sold are going and going, now closing up to 9,000,000 copies sold for PC only, which means more and more money to mojang to finance everything in future, also TFC mod manager is being more and more searched for.
With the big numbers going even bigger we are coming close to a new update called Update 8, which is being said to come really soon, but this is we guess for Xbox 360, since on that platform is more and more players also. What is being fixed spot on we don’t actually know, but there will be around 40 fixes.
Blocky world that attracts everyone
Since we are talking about computer sales we could speak a little about a PC update which we wanted to see for a while, after all fuss about Ending on Xbox and now focus is on computers, mouse and keyboard.