8 million combined sales on Xbox is now one more thing Mojang and Notch can be proud off. The game itself is getting more and more downloaded, the trend simply isn’t stopping but growing. It’s that kind of game that comes out once in a gamers life time. We can compare it to classics like Counter Strike or Dota.
One thing to notice is every one of those games came out on PC which we love cause it’s something that is always backwards compatible and it doesn’t get passed on as a system to next generations as consoles do. We can see that with PS3 Xbox 360 and PS4 and Xbox One.
With the world sales for the Xbox edition going crazy United Kingdom is also crazy for the block building game. Here are the charts of the last week.
Mojang has reported that new launcher for Minecraft is not available for all players of that same game. It also has some new features and is vastly improved. If you read the Polygon than you may already know what is stated over their for our mod loving game. “Those who are playing “Minecraft” on PC can now download an all-new launcher, which brings an updated interface, upgraded security, and upgraded stability.” is an quote from their website and we do trust them of course.
For the new launcher to function properly you need at least 1.6 version of Minecraft for it all to run properly. You can continue playing the game if you stay on the older version ass well. Self-updating system is one of the features that are added to the launcher, and only time will tell will we have something like a mod loader in this launcher so we don’t need to have 3rd party apps anymore for us to install mods.
After all the talks about console version of minecraft we got some new stuff for PC and Mac. New update will come to Minecraft called Horse Update that introduces horses, horse gear, donkeys and more.
More animals in Minecraft, without mods
Minecraft already has a past with animals in the game, along with pigs, dogs and sheep, but something was missing. As it turns out that something are one of the fastest mammals, horses. Last year Minecon was in Las Vegas and more than 7,000 people have come to the event.
Added Donkeys, Mules
Added Horse Armor
Added Hardened Clay, Stained Clay
Added Block of Coal
Added Name Tags (item)
Added Hay Bales
Texture packs are now “resource packs” that also can hold sound etc
Food meter is now drained when healed by full food meter
That’s a long list, a lot of stuff is added and we find it cool for developers to do so much for a game that’s been relatively a long time out there for people to buy it.
Horses! Yes,horses will be added to Minecraft and we will probably enjoy it a lot. Cool thing about this addition to the game is that they credit a modder for this which makes us happy as seeing that mods have influence on games. Mo’ Creatures mod is what inspired the Mojang programers and designers. But that’s all that will happen concerning the animals cause you won’t see anymore animals being added in this latest Minecraft update. Where can you find horses? In the wild but when you hop on them they will try everything to knock you out back since that’s their nature. You have to earn it’s respect and after a while you will be the prince on a horse every girl in Minecraft dreams off.
Update by update in Minecraft
What about technical aspect of the game ? Well it will be changing from Java 5 to Java 6, which I personally have problems updating on my computer.
In the past there were a lot of talks about porting Minecraft to other platforms, like newly announced Playstation 4 and we made a opinion about that, also got for you some official information about it. With PC version still being quite popular since it certainly didn’t see any kind of fail in purchases we can say that PS3 players have a lot to look forward to.
Something new comes from Mojang to pocket edition, they call it “so-called online multiplayer going” in their response to question about making smartphone version a bit more like PC one. I guess they will never have mods like us, eh ?
Jens Bergensten also said that Playstation 3 could be possible, and we look at that as why not, maybe only because of some kind of deal they have with Microsoft and their Xbox 360 console, but when Xbox 8 gets announced they would probably release their chains from Mojang dev team and let them do and program what they want and for who they want.
Freedom is a key part when making games, something that EA could listen to.
With it’s new update, that is no longer in development the 4J Studios hopes to fix at least 40 problems people are experiencing. The download will be available real soon on Xbox Live like all the previous updates to this date.
This update however will be kind of disappointment for some of the players since the past 2 updates have been so much more, there was more content that was brought to the player. Yes we are kind on writing about Xbox as we are for PC but the Mod Loader or TFC mod manager is still here and supported the same way. The list is below, from fix number 1. to number 40.
Fix for random crash on Kick Player.
- Fix for a random crash on loading the tutorial.
- Fix for freeze when writing on a sign as an autosave starts.
- Fix for crash when attempting to enter an online enabled game session after losing connection to the Xbox LIVE service.
- Performance improvement for the Enchantment interface.
- Fix to display a message when monsters are nearby on trying to sleep in a bed.
- Fix for an issue causing blocks to reappear after being destroyed when the server is busy.
- Fix for Experience Orbs being invisible for a period of time when created.
- Fix to force a Nether Fortress, Blaze Spawner and Nether Wart to always be present in the Nether for a newly created world.
- Fix for autosave not working when the host has gone into an idle state.
- Fix to increase the spawn rate for Mooshrooms.
- Change to make Blazes drop Glowstone Dust as well as Blaze Rods.
- Fix to player experience level display in two player vertical splitscreen mode.
- Fix for Quick Move not being possible while holding something in the cursor.
- Fix for armor position on Bad Santa when sat down.
- Changed “Download Content” menu to “Minecraft Store”.
- New photo frames for avatar items in the Minecraft Store.
- Fix for Magma Cube hit boxes.
- Added an Awkward Potion to the Potions page in the Creative Menu.
- Fix to show the aura of enchanted items for other players in an online game.
- Fix for tools enchanted with Unbreaking occasionally repairing themselves.
- Changes to improve breeding – Love Mode status is now network synchronised, and animals react more correctly if spawn limits are reached when breeding.
- Fix for issue with “Take Half” in the Brewing Stand interface.
- Fix to allow the map to be displayed when the player has turned off Display Hand.
- Fix for potion effects being removed after using the Nether Portal.
- Fix to stop the item in hand being changed when traveling to/from the Nether.
- Fix for Compass not pointing to the original spawn point after having been in The Nether.
- Fix to allow players to be able to eat food even if they are not allowed to build and mine.
- Fix to allow client players to toggle Custom Skin Animation.
- Fix for player gamertag border color being wrong after a respawn/dimension change.
- Fix for issue in splitscreen where it was possible to craft items without a player having the resources required.
- Fix to remove the Love Mode tooltip when animals are unable to enter Love Mode.
- Change to moderator option description in the Host and Player Options.
- Fix for the submerged edge of the world emitting a faint light.
- Fix for lighting issue with mobs in water.
- Fix to stop food being removed when feeding animals in Creative Mode.
- Fix to stop Bones being removed when taming wolves in Creative Mode.
- Change to make baby wolves tame when born.
- Fix for Blaze Rods not being identified as fuel for a furnace.
- Fix for issue with sky lighting values making bedrock layer fully lit.
Always good to see new and more place to improve even if it’s just a game, or mod manager.
As the time goes one, so do PC units that are being sold are going and going, now closing up to 9,000,000 copies sold for PC only, which means more and more money to mojang to finance everything in future, also TFC mod manager is being more and more searched for.
With the big numbers going even bigger we are coming close to a new update called Update 8, which is being said to come really soon, but this is we guess for Xbox 360, since on that platform is more and more players also. What is being fixed spot on we don’t actually know, but there will be around 40 fixes.
Blocky world that attracts everyone
Since we are talking about computer sales we could speak a little about a PC update which we wanted to see for a while, after all fuss about Ending on Xbox and now focus is on computers, mouse and keyboard.
“Temporary fixes aren’t good enough – we need deep and meaningful reform to protect software development and keep it as free and democratic as possible,” are the words form the creator of Minecraft, and indie developer which probably doesn’t like the whole idea of patents in software, cause would we be playing this game on our PC’s if he didn’t have acces to certain programs to create. Would we have TFC mod manager, or MCMODDR, whatever you want to call it, if everything is protected under law and patterned.
Some call him God, Markus Notch
$250 thousand dollars isn’t little money we are speaking him, we can see his own game serves him well, as he sold over 8 million games since it’s alpha release. And the number is growing, this game isn’t anything like call of duty or not even a mmorpg, cause mmorpg ends, this one we don’t see and ending that’s for sure. Support from the Mojang company will never stop we hope, since we all love so damn much the world of blocks for us to build and sometimes destroy. We just hope some errors or disable of entering the game on certain configurations won’t stop us, the most popular java errors.
Even though it has nothing much to do with TFC mod manager it is still important to us players to keep track of updates for our Minecraft. Mod Loader which we like to call it mostly is still available for download, which is done in less than a minute, all files are working and legit, even tough some sites don’t offer an real download any more, like broken links or something, or missing files on Dropbox.
If you experienced broken LAN server functionality than this patch is certainly coming for you with a smile, it’s just that Minecraft needed to be patched again, even tough the developers weren’t expecting it. There is a good thing about this, and it’s that it affects only Client, not the servers so you will be able to play on servers with older version, also uploading and managing mods will still stay the same with TFC.
Clients now get the correct IP for LAN servers
Fixed the incorrect positions of some particles
… and fixes for MC-2507 (Entering IPv6 servers crashes the client), MC-2508 (Last page of /help missing), MC-2500 (Spawning baby villagers creates farmer baby villagers only), and MC-2498 (Spawning baby wolves from wild ones)
Those are some of the fixes that are coming now and we sure prepared our Client for update.
Minecraft has been around since 2009, and we’ve been here for almost a year. Reporting you about daily news that has something to do with our beloved TFC mod manager and the mods you like to download and use it, or if you like to call it Mod Loader.
But as time moves on, the creator Markus “Notch” Persson also moves on, after not being anymore a lead creator of Minecraft he went to the next project called 0x10C. He tolled the PC GAMER that we would like the finished product of the game to look like a classic sci-fi series, called Firefly. What’s so special about this game ? There are no mods, no TFC mod manager or any blocks to build in Minecraft. Well the game instead of traveling around the space and killing monsters is more focused on fixing the rare problems, but realistic ones. Instead of going on a day trip in this game, you set of a destination and some problems know to happen, and you are the on to fix it.