Mojang decided to celebrate the anniversary that Minecraft has now been downloaded over 2 million times in the four days since its release, with Skin pack they made their debut anniversary.
Sounds pretty cool to us, free skins for gamers which you could only see on PC’s and Mac’s before, you can see console version is going step by step to full computer game. There is one thing they miss, and that is Mods. While moderators have work to do on computers for the players sometimes they also have a console audience but they aren’t able to approach it, not yet atleast. Maybe sometimes in future we see mods coming on to consoles too.
Avatar’s appearance is a important factor to many player in Minecraft, you are recognized by it and you get into your character more easily since you got a different look that other gamers.
As we talked about this update before we are reminding you all gamers out there that still play (not like it’s not cool anymore, but it is) update 9 is coming to our platforms, depends which platform you are on. In the meanwhile you should check out this Dota 2 like Minecraft video we enjoyed and we just had to share it with you guys, just like we share our Mod Loader with you that is still up there for download.
Since now mobile is a big hit and a more and more game are transferring to these kind of devices, tablets and smartphone we wonder will Scrolls, the next Mojang game , come to iOS and Android or maybe even Windows Phone 8 which is something we shouldn’t ignore as Windows 8 too. With all those eights around us and Microsoft focusing on one big eco system we could probably see a new Xbox not with the name Xbox 720 but Xbox 8 which makes a lot more sense to press and players that love downloading games and programs.
No, but there is a potential for a future product of Wargaming coming to consoles sure, as some recent news lead us up to that conclusion. Die hard fans of World of Tanks don’t need to be frightened by the general console public since they won’t mix in a way, but there is one thing one know and that is that Wargaming is bathing in money, atleast for now, things can get better or worse. Minecraft was the first to kind of go on consoles after a huge PC indie only title, so the are good at that.
Formal quote about this comes from a CEO itself:
“The move into console game development is a huge step for Wargaming, as we begin to expand our presence into new platforms,” also “We are looking forward to sharing the fruits of our labor soon.”
Sounds interesting that’s for sure, we just hope that they don’t ever forget about their PC market, like some companies happened to do, some of you recall Crytek and it’s boss EA which is more focused on console games, but we here like promo codes and upgrades for our tanks.
With it’s new update, that is no longer in development the 4J Studios hopes to fix at least 40 problems people are experiencing. The download will be available real soon on Xbox Live like all the previous updates to this date.
This update however will be kind of disappointment for some of the players since the past 2 updates have been so much more, there was more content that was brought to the player. Yes we are kind on writing about Xbox as we are for PC but the Mod Loader or TFC mod manager is still here and supported the same way. The list is below, from fix number 1. to number 40.
Fix for random crash on Kick Player.
- Fix for a random crash on loading the tutorial.
- Fix for freeze when writing on a sign as an autosave starts.
- Fix for crash when attempting to enter an online enabled game session after losing connection to the Xbox LIVE service.
- Performance improvement for the Enchantment interface.
- Fix to display a message when monsters are nearby on trying to sleep in a bed.
- Fix for an issue causing blocks to reappear after being destroyed when the server is busy.
- Fix for Experience Orbs being invisible for a period of time when created.
- Fix to force a Nether Fortress, Blaze Spawner and Nether Wart to always be present in the Nether for a newly created world.
- Fix for autosave not working when the host has gone into an idle state.
- Fix to increase the spawn rate for Mooshrooms.
- Change to make Blazes drop Glowstone Dust as well as Blaze Rods.
- Fix to player experience level display in two player vertical splitscreen mode.
- Fix for Quick Move not being possible while holding something in the cursor.
- Fix for armor position on Bad Santa when sat down.
- Changed “Download Content” menu to “Minecraft Store”.
- New photo frames for avatar items in the Minecraft Store.
- Fix for Magma Cube hit boxes.
- Added an Awkward Potion to the Potions page in the Creative Menu.
- Fix to show the aura of enchanted items for other players in an online game.
- Fix for tools enchanted with Unbreaking occasionally repairing themselves.
- Changes to improve breeding – Love Mode status is now network synchronised, and animals react more correctly if spawn limits are reached when breeding.
- Fix for issue with “Take Half” in the Brewing Stand interface.
- Fix to allow the map to be displayed when the player has turned off Display Hand.
- Fix for potion effects being removed after using the Nether Portal.
- Fix to stop the item in hand being changed when traveling to/from the Nether.
- Fix for Compass not pointing to the original spawn point after having been in The Nether.
- Fix to allow players to be able to eat food even if they are not allowed to build and mine.
- Fix to allow client players to toggle Custom Skin Animation.
- Fix for player gamertag border color being wrong after a respawn/dimension change.
- Fix for issue in splitscreen where it was possible to craft items without a player having the resources required.
- Fix to remove the Love Mode tooltip when animals are unable to enter Love Mode.
- Change to moderator option description in the Host and Player Options.
- Fix for the submerged edge of the world emitting a faint light.
- Fix for lighting issue with mobs in water.
- Fix to stop food being removed when feeding animals in Creative Mode.
- Fix to stop Bones being removed when taming wolves in Creative Mode.
- Change to make baby wolves tame when born.
- Fix for Blaze Rods not being identified as fuel for a furnace.
- Fix for issue with sky lighting values making bedrock layer fully lit.
Always good to see new and more place to improve even if it’s just a game, or mod manager.
From cooking meth in breaking bad by another character, this character goes to Minecraft with his son, his role in the series is Hank, not a huge fan but sounds really cool from an actor to know for a game like this. With Minecraft there is always something happening, sales jump around, Notch (who donated a big pile of money recently) ‘s beard grows even longer (we are joking it will be the same) and mods are coming for us to load it up with our Mod Loader our web.
How about a real world in Minecraft, yes some player think of it like a real world already, since it’s so addicting, you just can’t stop playing it on your PC or your Xbox 360, but there is an interesting idea floating around, about recreating the Earth in 1:1500 scale, the maps would be downloadable for sure, we might offer it here also for download, with out Mcmoddr, since this is also so cool.
Modding isn’t only thing in Minecraft that’s happening, there is also this “mapping” or “making skins” , since the other way around to say it sounds a bit middle ages term, you may know it from Game of Thrones. We can’t wait to visit the world in Minecraft, as long as people play it there is alway something to do.
4J Studios doesn’t stop working on Xbox 360 version, the console version of this indie block making gaming is getting more and more close to PC one, or Mac, what ever you prefer. The star of this update, not update for TFC mod manager but Minecraft game is the Ender Dragon, which means you will kind of be able to finish the game, in game now. But that’s not the only thing that is new to this update 7, on PC called 1.01 as we may thought.
Animal breeding, potion brewing, experience points and enchantments and many other things is now something you will be able to experience on your console at home on your comfy couch. There is a catch, The end will be there only when Update 8 comes, but the dragon will be here we hope.
What about experience ? Yes! It is here, you will have your levels just like in any other game don’t worry, it won’t affect your gameplay much but it will sure be a cool addition to it.
You world, which is generated will not have anything new out there to offer on Minecraft Xbox 360 version, but only parts of the world that are not generated will be with new features, enemies and terrain types, which we are all used to on our personal computers at home, easily playing with friends multiplayer.
Xbox on 360 is getting updated more and more
Something like villages and strongholds are what you are about to see and it is new and working in this new version of the game. Playing will still be addictive experience, without mods like on PC with TFC mod manager it still is fun for the players on consoles.
Hunger system is coming in this update, which has been for a long while on other version, so be prepared to care more about the food and shiny pink pigs which will make you go wild for their meat in this game that’s for sure.
Minecraft has been on Xbox for quite a while, but in this week we witnessed a pretty big number, it’s only been months since Minecraft came out on XBA download and it already has 3,6 million downloads. Remember, this is an indie game from and indie developer which makes it even bigger story than it already is. We could say Notch’s dream came true and from now on he is working on another game, called scrolls. We can already kind of see a new genre coming in video game industry, something like Crafting since there are so many games now out there which don’t copy Minecraft but kind of take is as an inspiration for their own games, like Terraria and Castle Crushers which we are looking forward to play in beta release.
After a one hour huge debut in XBLA and overall 7 million PC sales this is something to look up to and take as an example how to succes in gaming, not only video game industry but as a business man, like Notch who now leads Mojang team and soon we won’t be looking them as an indie developers that’s for sure. TFC mod manager, an app or a program depends about your taste of calling this kind of stuff is something we also look forward too, the more popular minecraft is more popular are all 3rd party apps for it.